The Ted Talk Experience

A couple of months ago we were tasked with making our own TEDTalk presentation. A Ted talk is when someone usually talks in front of an audience and tells a story, a hobby or something they like and much more. Our TED talks worked on a very similar format to actual Ted talks. We talked to our class and talked about something we like to do or the history of a certain subject.

Overall, the process of making these TedTalks was a really fun experience. For my Ted talk I talked about the video game Apex legends. Talking about Apex was a cool experience researching and learning even more about a game I love is a very cool experience. As we did our research for these TEDTalks, we created a mini slideshow presentation that went with it. To make our slideshow presentations similar to real talks, we used presentation tips such as having a black background, not using too fancy fonts, or having too many images or words on a slide.

And while talking about Ted talks is a cool experience, hearing and listening to other TEDTalks was also really fun. Seeing peoples interests, hobbies and history of things I may not of had as much knowledge on all comes together and I’ll comes down to learning new things.

As for me, actually presenting my Ted talk in front of the class was a bit nerve-racking although it was something that we’ve done before. Our grammar projects involved in a similar format so it wasn’t nearly as bad.

To close off this TedTalk, I want to say that presenting in front of the audience can be a very nerve-racking experience but with practice it becomes easier and easier so\ you will start talking from an audience from anywhere. Your family, friends, or even your stuffed animals are a great practice for talking in private audience.