Stock Investing Experience

For the past couple of months we have invested in about 3-8 companies, brands, etc. We started this whole project after learning that a character in the book we read called the Westing Game also invested in stocks and we wanted to go through a similar process. 

Although we didn’t invest with really money or anything we still went through all the steps if you were to actually invest. We tallied all of these numbers in a google spreadsheet shown on the picture above.

There has been a lot of knowledge about stocks I have learned in the past months. One of them is that you should invest in multiple stocks instead of one or two unless you know for certain that that stock will go way up. 

I picked my six stocks either because there were well known and “obvious” options in my mind, or a brand that I use or have used (Roku, Nike, Cheesecake Factory etc.) It could also be places I enjoy eating at which is why I put on the Cheesecake Factory. Looking at my cost loss is a bit unfortunate and to be honest I don’t know enough about stock and stock growth to know why I lost money. 

An interesting thing that I noticed was the prices for shares of all these stocks. We have the big ones like Amazon which cost over $3,000. Then you compare that to smaller companies like cheesecake Factory. Although saying small company is a bit of an understatement. 

With all this being said investing into multiple real life companies is a really cool experience and I recommend for anyone to do it.

1 Comment on Stock Investing Experience

1. 27colem
    June 1, 2021 at 1:18 pm (3 years ago)

I like your logo and your choices. Nice job

Reply